Two pieces of bread and butter with a thin slice of meat, cheese, or the like, between them.
- Two or more slices of bread with a filling such as meat or cheese placed between them.
- A partly split long or round roll containing a filling.
- One slice of bread covered with a filling.
- Something resembling a sandwich.
- To make into or as if into a sandwich.
- To insert (one thing) tightly between two other things of differing character or quality.
- To make room or time for: sandwiched a vacation between business trips.