An attendant attached to a prince or other powerful person; hence, an obsequious dependent.
- Astronomy A celestial body that orbits a planet; a moon.
- Aerospace An object launched to orbit Earth or another celestial body.
- A nation dominated politically and economically by another nation.
- An urban or suburban community located near a big city.
- One who attends a powerful dignitary; a subordinate.
- A subservient follower; a sycophant.
- Genetics A short segment of a chromosome separated from the rest by a constriction, typically associated with the formation of a nucleolus.
- Microbiology A colony of microorganisms whose growth in culture medium is enhanced by certain substances produced by another colony in its proximity.