Filled to repletion; holding by absorption, or in solution, all that is possible; as, saturated garments; a saturated solution of salt.
- Unable to hold or contain more; full.
- Soaked with moisture; drenched.
- Chemistry Combined with or containing all the solute that can normally be dissolved at a given temperature.
- Chemistry Of or relating to an organic compound, especially a fatty acid, containing the maximum number of hydrogen atoms and only single bonds between the carbon atoms.
- Geology Of or relating to minerals that can crystallize from magmas even in the presence of excess silica.