That property of a thing which affects the organs of taste or smell; taste and odor; flavor; relish; scent; as, the savor of an orange or a rose; an ill savor.
- The taste or smell of something.
- A specific taste or smell. See Synonyms at taste.
- A distinctive quality or sensation: enjoying the savor of victory.
- To have a particular taste or smell: a dish that savors of curry.
- To exhibit a specified quality or characteristic; smack: postures that savored of vanity.
- To impart flavor or scent to; season: savored the bland soup with salt.
- To taste or smell, especially with pleasure: savored each morsel of the feast.
- To appreciate fully; enjoy or relish: I want to savor this great moment of accomplishment.