Pleasing to the organs of taste or smell.
- Appetizing to the taste or smell: a savory stew.
- Piquant, pungent, or salty to the taste; not sweet.
- Morally respectable; inoffensive: a past that was scarcely savory.
- A dish of pungent taste, such as anchovies on toast or pickled fruit, sometimes served in Great Britain as an hors d'oeuvre or instead of a sweet dessert.
- An annual Mediterranean aromatic herb (Satureja hortensis) of the mint family, having flowers with a pale lavender to white corolla. Also called summer savory.
- A related Mediterranean aromatic herb (Satureja montana) having flowers in a long, white or pink corolla. Also called winter savory.
- The leaves of either of these plants, used as seasoning.
- Any of several plants of the genus Micromeria in the mint family.