To burn with hot liquid or steam; to pain or injure by contact with, or immersion in, any hot fluid; as, to scald the hand.
- To burn with or as if with hot liquid or steam.
- To subject to or treat with boiling water: scalded the hide to remove the hair; scalded and peeled the tomatoes.
- To heat (a liquid, such as milk) almost to the boiling point.
- To criticize harshly; excoriate.
- To become scalded.
- A body injury caused by scalding.
- Botany A superficial discoloration on fruit, vegetables, leaves, or tree trunks caused by sudden exposure to intense sunlight or the action of gases.
- Botany A disease of some cereal grasses caused by a fungus of the genus Rhynchosporium.
- Variant of skald.
- Variant of scall.