Any one of numerous species of marine bivalve mollusks of the genus Pecten and allied genera of the family Pectinidæ. The shell is usually radially ribbed, and the edge is therefore often undulated in a characteristic manner. The large adductor muscle of some the species is much used as food. One species (Vola Jacobæus) occurs on the coast of Palestine, and its shell was formerly worn by pilgrims as a mark that they had been to the Holy Land. Called also fan shell. See Pecten, 2.
- Any of various free-swimming marine mollusks of the family Pectinidae, having fan-shaped bivalve shells with a radiating fluted pattern.
- The edible adductor muscle of this mollusk.
- A shell of this mollusk, or a dish in a similar shape, used for baking and serving seafood.
- One of a series of curved projections forming an ornamental border.
- A thin boneless slice of meat.
- To edge (cloth, for example) with a series of curved projections.
- To bake in a casserole with milk or a sauce and often with bread crumbs: scalloped potatoes.
- To cut (meat) into thin boneless slices.
- To gather scallops for eating or sale.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഓട്ടിയുള്ള ഔരു കടല്ജന്തു - Ottiyulla Auru Kadaljanthu | Ottiyulla ouru Kadaljanthu ;ഒരിനം കക്ക - Orinam Kakka ;ഓട്ടിയുള്ള ഒരു കടല്ജന്തു - Ottiyulla Oru Kadaljanthu ;അരുഞൊറിയുക - Arunjoriyuka ;അരുഞൊറിയുക - Arunjoriyuka ;അരുകുഞൊറിയുള്ള - Arukunjoriyulla ;