To rub and tear or mark the surface of with something sharp or ragged; to scrape, roughen, or wound slightly by drawing something pointed or rough across, as the claws, the nails, a pin, or the like.
- To make a thin shallow cut or mark on (a surface) with a sharp instrument.
- To use the nails or claws to dig or scrape at.
- To rub or scrape (the skin) to relieve itching.
- To scrape or strike on an abrasive surface.
- To write or draw (something) by scraping a surface: scratched their initials on a rock.
- To write or draw hurriedly: scratched off a thank-you note.
- To strike out or cancel (a word, for example) by or as if by drawing lines through.
- Slang To cancel (a project or program, for example).
- To withdraw (an entry) from a contest.
- To use the nails or claws to dig, scrape, or wound.
- To rub or scrape the skin to relieve itching.
- To make a harsh scraping sound.
- To gather funds or produce a living with difficulty.
- To withdraw from a contest.
- Games To make a shot in billiards that results in a penalty, as when the cue ball falls into a pocket or jumps the cushion.
- A mark resembling a line that is produced by scratching.
- A slight wound.
- A hasty scribble.
- A sound made by scratching.
- Sports The starting line for a race.
- A contestant who has been withdrawn from a competition.
- Games The act of scratching in billiards.
- Games A fluke or chance shot in billiards.
- Poultry feed.
- Slang Money.
- Done haphazardly or by chance.
- Assembled hastily or at random.
- Sports Having no golf handicap.
- from scratch From the very beginning.
- scratch the surface To investigate or treat something superficially.
- up to scratch Informal Meeting the requirements.
- up to scratch Informal In fit condition.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ദേഹം ചൊറിയുക - Dheham Choriyuka ;വാറൽ - Vaaral | Varal ;മായ്ക്കുക - Maaykkuka | Maykkuka ;ചുരണ്ടുക - Churanduka ;മത്സരത്തിൽ നിന്ന് പിൻവലിക്കുക - Mathsaraththil Ninnu Pinvalikkuka | Mathsarathil Ninnu Pinvalikkuka ;മാന്തുക - Maanthuka | Manthuka ;