To cry out with a shrill voice; to utter a sudden, sharp outcry, or shrill, loud cry, as in fright or extreme pain; to shriek; to screech.
- To utter a long loud piercing cry, as from pain or fear.
- To make a loud piercing sound: Jet planes screamed through the air.
- To speak or write in a heated hysterical manner.
- To have or produce a startling effect: The outlandish costume screamed with clashing colors.
- To utter or say in or as if in a screaming voice.
- A long, loud, piercing cry or sound.
- Informal One that is hilariously or ridiculously funny: The new play was a scream.