Anything that separates or cuts off inconvenience, injury, or danger; that which shelters or conceals from view; a shield or protection; as, a fire screen.
- A movable device, especially a framed construction such as a room divider or a decorative panel, designed to divide, conceal, or protect.
- One that serves to protect, conceal, or divide: Security guards formed a screen around the President. A screen of evergreens afforded privacy from our neighbors.
- A coarse sieve used for sifting out fine particles, as of sand, gravel, or coal.
- A system for preliminary appraisal and selection of personnel as to their suitability for particular jobs.
- A window or door insertion of framed wire or plastic mesh used to keep out insects and permit air flow.
- The white or silver surface on which a picture is projected for viewing.
- The movie industry: a star of stage and screen. Also called silver screen.
- Electronics The phosphorescent surface on which an image is displayed, as on a television, computer monitor, or radar receiver.
- Computer Science The information or image displayed at a given time on such a computer monitor: printing a hard copy of the screen.
- Electronics The electrode placed between the anode and the control grid in a tetrode valve. Also called screen grid.
- Printing A glass plate marked off with crossing lines, placed before the lens of a camera when photographing for halftone reproduction.
- A body of troops or ships sent in advance of or surrounding a larger body to protect or warn of attack.
- Sports A block, set with the body, that impedes the vision or movement of an opponent.
- Football A screen pass.
- To provide with a screen: screen a porch.
- To conceal from view with or as if with a screen. See Synonyms at block, hide1.
- To protect, guard, or shield.
- To separate or sift out (fine particles of sand, for example) by means of a sieve or screen.
- To show or project (a movie, for example) on a screen.
- To examine (a job applicant, for example) systematically in order to determine suitability.
- To test or evaluate (a student) to determine placement in an educational system or to identify specific learning needs.
- To test or examine for the presence of disease or infection: screen blood; screen a patient.
- To subject to genetic screening.
- Sports To block the vision or movement of (an opponent) with the body.
- Sports To obscure an opponent's view of (a shot) by positioning oneself between the opponent and the shooter.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
തീയുടെ ചൂടേൽക്കാതിരിക്കുന്നതിനുള്ള മറ - Theeyude Choodelkkaathirikkunnathinulla Mara | Theeyude Choodelkkathirikkunnathinulla Mara ;കാക്കുക - Kaakkuka | Kakkuka ;തിരസ്കരിണി - Thiraskarini ;യവനിക - Yavanika ;തട്ടി - Thatti ;ചലച്ചിത്ര സ്ക്രീന് - Chalachithra Skreen ;