A writing; a written document.
- A style of writing with cursive characters.
- A particular system of writing: cuneiform script.
- Printing A style of type that imitates handwriting.
- Printing The matter set in this type.
- The text of a play, broadcast, or movie.
- A copy of a text used by a director or performer.
- Law An original document.
- Computer Science A simple program in a utility language or an application's proprietary language.
- To prepare (a text) for filming or broadcasting.
- To orchestrate (behavior or an event, for example) as if writing a script: "the brilliant, charming, judicial moderate scripted by his White House fans” ( Ellen Goodman).