The art of carving, cutting, or hewing wood, stone, metal, etc., into statues, ornaments, etc., or into figures, as of men, or other things; hence, the art of producing figures and groups, whether in plastic or hard materials.
- The art or practice of shaping figures or designs in the round or in relief, as by chiseling marble, modeling clay, or casting in metal.
- A work of art created by sculpture.
- Such works of art considered as a group.
- Ridges, indentations, or other markings, as on a shell, formed by natural processes.
- To fashion (stone, bronze, or wood, for example) into a three-dimensional figure.
- To represent in sculpture.
- To ornament with sculpture.
- To change the shape or contour of, as by erosion.
- To make sculptures or a sculpture.