One of the divisions of the year, marked by alterations in the length of day and night, or by distinct conditions of temperature, moisture, etc., caused mainly by the relative position of the earth with respect to the sun. In the north temperate zone, four seasons, namely, spring, summer, autumn, and winter, are generally recognized. Some parts of the world have three seasons, -- the dry, the rainy, and the cold; other parts have but two, -- the dry and the rainy.
- One of the four natural divisions of the year, spring, summer, fall, and winter, in the North and South Temperate zones. Each season, beginning astronomically at an equinox or solstice, is characterized by specific meteorological or climatic conditions.
- The two divisions of the year, rainy and dry, in some tropical regions.
- A recurrent period characterized by certain occurrences, occupations, festivities, or crops: the holiday season; tomato season.
- A suitable, natural, or convenient time: a season for merriment.
- A period of time: gone for a season.
- To improve or enhance the flavor of (food) by adding salt, spices, herbs, or other flavorings.
- To add zest, piquancy, or interest to: seasoned the lecture with jokes.
- To treat or dry (lumber, for example) until ready for use; cure.
- To render competent through trial and experience: a lawyer who had been seasoned by years in the trial courts.
- To accustom or inure; harden: troops who had been seasoned in combat. See Synonyms at harden.
- To moderate; temper.
- To become usable, competent, or tempered.
- in season Available or ready for eating or other use.
- in season Legally permitted to be caught or hunted during a specified period.
- in season At the right moment; opportunely.
- in season In heat. Used of animals.
- out of season Not available, permitted, or ready to be eaten, caught, or hunted.
- out of season Not at the right or proper moment; inopportunely.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കുറേക്കാലം - Kurekkaalam | Kurekkalam ;ശാന്തമാക്കുക - Shaanthamaakkuka | Shanthamakkuka ;ഋതുകാലം - Ruthukaalam | Ruthukalam ;നേരം - Neram ;തടി ഉണക്കിപാകമാക്കുക - Thadi Unakkipaakamaakkuka | Thadi Unakkipakamakkuka ;ഊറയ്ക്കിടുക - Ooraykkiduka ;