The place or thing upon which one sits; hence; anything made to be sat in or upon, as a chair, bench, stool, saddle, or the like.
- Something, such as a chair or bench, that may be sat on.
- A place in which one may sit.
- The right to occupy such a place or a ticket indicating this right: got seats for the concert.
- The part on which one rests in sitting: a bicycle seat.
- The buttocks.
- The part of a garment that covers the buttocks.
- A part serving as the base of something else.
- The surface or part on which another part sits or rests.
- The place where something is located or based: The heart is the seat of the emotions.
- A center of authority; a capital: the county seat. See Synonyms at center.
- A place of abode or residence, especially a large house that is part of an estate: the squire's country seat.
- Membership in an organization, such as a legislative body or stock exchange, that is obtained by appointment, election, or purchase.
- The manner of sitting on a horse: a fox hunter with a good seat.
- To place in or on a seat.
- To cause or assist to sit down: The ushers will seat the members of the bride's family.
- To provide with a particular seat: The usher seated me in the back row.
- To have or provide seats for: We can seat 300 in the auditorium.
- To install in a position of authority or eminence.
- To fix firmly in place: seat an ammunition clip in an automatic rifle.
- To rest on or fit into another part: The O-rings had not seated correctly in their grooves.
- by the seat of (one's) pants Slang In a manner based on intuition and experience rather than method: He ran the business by the seat of his pants.
- by the seat of (one's) pants Slang Without the use of instruments: an inexperienced pilot who had to fly the aircraft by the seat of her pants.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ധാനി - Dhaani | Dhani ;നിഷണ്ണകം - Nishannakam ;ആസ്പദം - Aaspadham | aspadham ;പീഠകം - Peedakam ;ചന്തി - Chanthi ;നിഷദനം - Nishadhanam ;