A ripened ovule, consisting of an embryo with one or more integuments, or coverings; as, an apple seed; a currant seed. By germination it produces a new plant.
- A ripened plant ovule containing an embryo.
- A propagative part of a plant, as a tuber or spore.
- Seeds considered as a group.
- The seed-bearing stage of a plant.
- Something that resembles a seed, as a tiny bubble in a piece of glass.
- A small amount of material used to start a chemical reaction.
- A small crystal used to start a crystallization process.
- Medicine A form of a radioactive isotope that is used to localize and concentrate the amount of radiation administered to a body site, such as a tumor.
- A source or beginning; a germ.
- Offspring; progeny.
- Family stock; ancestry.
- Sperm; semen.
- A seed oyster or oysters; spat.
- Sports A player who has been seeded for a tournament, often at a given rank: a top seed.
- To plant seeds in (land, for example); sow.
- To plant in soil.
- To remove the seeds from (fruit).
- To furnish with something that grows or stimulates growth or development: a bioreactor seeded with bacteria.
- Medicine To cause (cells or a tumor, for example) to grow or multiply.
- Meteorology To sprinkle (a cloud) with particles, as of silver iodide, in order to disperse it or to produce precipitation.
- Sports To arrange (the drawing for positions in a tournament) so that the more skilled contestants meet in the later rounds.
- Sports To rank (a contestant) in this way.
- To help (a business, for example) in its early development.
- To sow seed.
- To go to seed.
- Medicine To grow or multiply, as a tumor.
- Set aside for planting a new crop: seed corn; seed wheat.
- Intended to help in early stages: provided seed capital for a fledgling business.
- go To pass into the seed-bearing stage.
- go To become weak or devitalized; deteriorate: The old neighborhood has gone to seed.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വിത്തെടുക്കുക - Viththedukkuka | Vithedukkuka ;പുംബീജം - Pumbeejam ;(വിത്ത്) വിതയ്ക്കുക - (viththu) Vithaykkuka | (vithu) Vithaykkuka ;നിര്ബജീകരിക്കുക - Nirbajeekarikkuka ;വിതയ്ക്കുക - Vithaykkuka ;ബീജകം - Beejakam ;