Taken from a number by preferance; picked out as more valuable or exellent than others; of special value or exellence; nicely chosen; selected; choice.
- To take as a choice from among several; pick out.
- To make a choice or selection.
- Singled out in preference; chosen: a select few.
- Of special quality or value; choice: select peaches.
- Of or relating to a lean grade of beef.
- Careful or refined in making selections; discriminating.
- One that is chosen in preference to others or because of special value.
- Chosen or preferred items or people considered as a group. Often used with the.