Same; particular; very; identical.
- The total, essential, or particular being of a person; the individual: "An actor's instrument is the self” ( Joan Juliet Buck).
- The essential qualities distinguishing one person from another; individuality: "He would walk a little first along the southern walls, shed his European self, fully enter this world” ( Howard Kaplan).
- One's consciousness of one's own being or identity; the ego: "For some of us, the self's natural doubts are given in mesmerizing amplification by way of critics' negative assessments of our writing” ( Joyce Carol Oates).
- One's own interests, welfare, or advantage: thinking of self alone.
- Immunology That which the immune system identifies as belonging to the body: tissues no longer recognized as self.
- Myself, yourself, himself, or herself: a living wage for self and family.
- Of the same character throughout.
- Of the same material as the article with which it is used: a dress with a self belt.
- Obsolete Same or identical.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ആത്മജ്ഞാനം - Aathmajnjaanam | athmajnjanam ;സ്വന്തമായ - Svanthamaaya | swanthamaya ;സ്വകർമ്മാനുപ്രീതി - Svakarmmaanupreethi | swakarmmanupreethi ;സ്വാര്ത്ഥചിന്ത - Svaarththachintha | swarthachintha ;തന്കാര്യം - Thankaaryam | Thankaryam ;അനന്യതഞാന് - Ananyathanjaan | Ananyathanjan ;