An impression, or the consciousness of an impression, made upon the central nervous organ, through the medium of a sensory or afferent nerve or one of the organs of sense; a feeling, or state of consciousness, whether agreeable or disagreeable, produced either by an external object (stimulus), or by some change in the internal state of the body.
- A perception associated with stimulation of a sense organ or with a specific body condition: the sensation of heat; a visual sensation.
- The faculty to feel or perceive; physical sensibility: The patient has very little sensation left in the right leg.
- An indefinite generalized body feeling: a sensation of lightness.
- A state of heightened interest or emotion: "The anticipation produced in me a sensation somewhat between bliss and fear” ( James Weldon Johnson).
- A state of intense public interest and excitement: "The purser made a sensation as sailors like to do, by predicting a storm” ( Evelyn Waugh).
- A cause of such interest and excitement. See Synonyms at wonder.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വിദാഹം - Vidhaaham | Vidhaham ;നടുക്കം - Nadukkam ;സംഭ്രമം - Sambhramam ;പ്രക്ഷുബ്ധാവസ്ഥ - Prakshubdhaavastha | Prakshubdhavastha ;ഇന്ദ്രിയഗോചരത്വം - Indhriyagocharathvam ;വികാരം - Vikaaram | Vikaram ;