Formerly, in England, an officer nearly answering to the more modern bailiff of the hundred; also, an officer whose duty was to attend on the king, and on the lord high steward in court, to arrest traitors and other offenders. He is now called sergeant-at-arms, and two of these officers, by allowance of the sovereign, attend on the houses of Parliament (one for each house) to execute their commands, and another attends the Court Chancery.
- A noncommissioned rank in the U.S. Army or Marine Corps that is above corporal and below staff sergeant.
- Any of several ranks of noncommissioned officers in the U.S. Army, Air Force, or Marine Corps: master gunnery sergeant; staff sergeant.
- One who holds any of these ranks.
- The rank of police officer next below a captain, lieutenant, or inspector.
- A police officer holding this rank.
- A sergeant at arms.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
സാര്ജെന്റ് - Saarjenru | Sarjenru ;ഒരു പട്ടാള പദവി - Oru Pattaala Padhavi | Oru Pattala Padhavi ;മുഖ്യ കീഴുദ്യോഗസ്ഥന് - Mukhya Keezhudhyogasthan ;സൈനികോദ്യോഗസ്ഥന് - Sainikodhyogasthan ;മുഖ്യകീഴുദ്യോഗസ്ഥന് - Mukhyakeezhudhyogasthan ;സാർജെൻറ് - Saarjenru | Sarjenru ;