A painful sensation excited by a consciousness of guilt or impropriety, or of having done something which injures reputation, or of the exposure of that which nature or modesty prompts us to conceal.
- A painful emotion caused by a strong sense of guilt, embarrassment, unworthiness, or disgrace.
- Capacity for such a feeling: Have you no shame?
- One that brings dishonor, disgrace, or condemnation.
- A condition of disgrace or dishonor; ignominy.
- A great disappointment.
- To cause to feel shame; put to shame.
- To bring dishonor or disgrace on.
- To disgrace by surpassing.
- To force by making ashamed: He was shamed into making an apology.
- put to shame To fill with shame; disgrace.
- put to shame To outdo thoroughly; surpass: Your productivity has put the rest of us to shame.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
നിന്ദിക്കുകലജ്ജ - Nindhikkukalajja ;നിന്ദ - Nindha ;ലജ്ജാശീലനായ - Lajjaasheelanaaya | Lajjasheelanaya ;നാണിച്ച - Naanicha | Nanicha ;ദൂഷണം - Dhooshanam ;സങ്കോചം - Sankocham ;