To cut, clip, or sever anything from with shears or a like instrument; as, to shear sheep; to shear cloth.
- To remove (fleece or hair) by cutting or clipping.
- To remove the hair or fleece from.
- To cut with or as if with shears: shearing a hedge.
- To divest or deprive as if by cutting: The prisoners were shorn of their dignity.
- To use a cutting tool such as shears.
- To move or proceed by or as if by cutting: shear through the wheat.
- Physics To become deformed by forces tending to produce a shearing strain.
- A pair of scissors. Often used in the plural.
- Any of various implements or machines that cut with a scissorlike action. Often used in the plural.
- The act, process, or result of shearing.
- Something cut off by shearing.
- The act, process, or fact of shearing. Used to indicate a sheep's age: a two-shear ram.
- An apparatus used to lift heavy weights, consisting of two or more spars joined at the top and spread at the base, the tackle being suspended from the top.
- Physics An applied force or system of forces that tends to produce a shearing strain. Also called shearing stress, shear stress.
- Physics A shearing strain.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ആട്ടിന്രോമം മുറിച്ചെടുക്കല് - Aattinromam Murichedukkal | attinromam Murichedukkal ;രോമം കത്രിക്കുക - Romam Kathrikkuka ;കത്രിക്കുക - Kathrikkuka ;മുറിച്ചെടുക്കുക - Murichedukkuka ;മാറുക - Maaruka | Maruka ;ആട്ടിന്രോമം മുറിച്ചെടുക്കുക - Aattinromam Murichedukkuka | attinromam Murichedukkuka ;