One who, or that which, shifts; one who plays tricks or practices artifice; a cozener.
- One who, or that which, shifts or changes.
- One who plays tricks or practices artifice; a cozener.
- An assistant to the ship's cook in washing, steeping, and shifting the salt provisions.
- An arrangement for shifting a belt sidewise from one pulley to another.
- A wire for changing a loop from one needle to another, as in narrowing, etc.
- A component used by the rider to control the gearing mechanisms and select the desired gear ratio, usually connected to the derailleur by a mechanical actuation cable.