To wrinkle, bend, or curl; to shrivel; hence, to contract into a less extent or compass; to gather together; to become compacted.
- To become constricted from heat, moisture, or cold.
- To become reduced in amount or value; dwindle: His savings quickly shrank.
- To draw back instinctively, as from something alarming; recoil.
- To show reluctance; hesitate: shrink from making such a sacrifice.
- To cause to shrink.
- The act of shrinking.
- The degree to which something shrinks; shrinkage.
- Slang A psychotherapist.