To draw up or contract (the shoulders), especially by way of expressing dislike, dread, doubt, or the like.
- To raise (the shoulders), especially as a gesture of doubt, disdain, or indifference.
- To raise the shoulders, especially as a gesture of doubt, disdain, or indifference.
- An expressive gesture of raising the shoulders.
- A woman's short jacket or sweater open down the front.
- shrug off To minimize the importance of: shrugged off the defeat and talked about tonight's game.
- shrug off To get rid of: shrug off a burden.
- shrug off To wriggle out of (clothing).