To close so as to hinder ingress or egress; as, to shut a door or a gate; to shut one's eyes or mouth.
- To move (a door or lid, for example) so as to block passage through an opening.
- To block entrance to or exit from; close: shut a corridor.
- To fasten with a lock, catch, or latch.
- To confine in or as if in a closed space: shut them in a cage.
- To exclude from or as if from a closed space: shut the cats out of the house.
- To cause to stop operating: shut down a restaurant; a school that was shut for the vacation.
- To move or become moved so as to block passage; close: a door that shuts by itself.
- To stop operating, especially automatically: The electricity shuts off at midnight.
- The act or time of shutting.
- The line of connection between welded pieces of metal.
- shut off To stop the flow or passage of; cut off: shut off the hot water by closing a valve.
- shut off To close off; isolate: loners who shut themselves off from the community.
- shut out Sports To prevent (an opponent) from scoring any runs or points.
- shut up To cause (someone) to stop speaking; silence.
- shut up To stop speaking.
- shut (one's) eyes to To refuse to consider or acknowledge: administrators who shut their eyes to pervasive corruption.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഉറങ്ങുക - Uranguka ;പ്രതിബന്ധിക്കുക - Prathibandhikkuka ;അടടയ്ക്കുക - Adadaykkuka ;മിണ്ടാതിരിക്കുക - Mindaathirikkuka | Mindathirikkuka ;ചാര്ത്തുവര - Chaarththuvara | Charthuvara ;പൂട്ടുകഅടപ്പ് - Poottukaadappu | Poottukadappu ;