A reaping instrument consisting of a steel blade curved into the form of a hook, and having a handle fitted on a tang. The sickle has one side of the blade notched, so as always to sharpen with a serrated edge. Cf. Reaping hook, under Reap.
- An implement having a semicircular blade attached to a short handle, used for cutting grain or tall grass.
- The cutting mechanism of a reaper or mower.
- To cut with a sickle.
- To deform (a red blood cell) into an abnormal crescent shape.
- To assume an abnormal crescent shape. Used of red blood cells.
- Shaped like the blade of a sickle; crescent-shaped: a sickle moon.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പുവൻകോഴിയുടെ വാൽ - Puvankozhiyude Vaal | Puvankozhiyude Val ;ലവിത്രം - Lavithram ;കൊയ്ത്തരിവാള് - Koyththarivaal | Koytharival ;കൊയ്ത്തരി വാൾ - Koyththari Vaal | Koythari Val ;രോഗിയായ - Rogiyaaya | Rogiyaya ;ലവി - Lavi ;