The act of seeing; perception of objects by the eye; view; as, to gain sight of land.
- The ability to see.
- The act or fact of seeing: hoping for a sight of land; caught sight of a rare bird.
- Field of vision.
- The foreseeable future; prospect: no solution in sight.
- Mental perception or consideration: We lost sight of the purpose of our visit.
- Something seen; a view.
- Something worth seeing; a spectacle: the sights of London.
- Informal Something unsightly: Your hair is a sight.
- A device used to assist aim by guiding the eye, as on a firearm or surveying instrument.
- An aim or observation taken with such a device.
- An opportunity to observe or inspect.
- Upper Southern U.S. A large number or quantity: A sight of people were there.
- To perceive with the eyes; get sight of: sighted land after 40 days at sea.
- To observe through a sight or an optical instrument: sight a target.
- To adjust the sights of (a rifle, for example).
- To take aim with (a firearm).
- To direct one's gaze; look carefully.
- To take aim: sighted along the barrel of the gun.
- on sight Immediately upon being seen: threatened to shoot looters on sight.
- out of sight Slang Remarkable; incredible: The graduation party was out of sight.
- sight for sore eyes Informal One whom it is a relief or joy to see.
- sight unseen Without seeing the object in question: bought the horse sight unseen.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
നിധ്യാനം - Nidhyaanam | Nidhyanam ;ആലോകനം - Aalokanam | alokanam ;കാഴ്ചയില്പ്പെടുക - Kaazhchayilppeduka | Kazhchayilppeduka ;കണ്ടെത്തുക - Kandeththuka | Kandethuka ;നിശാമനം - Nishaamanam | Nishamanam ;ദര്ശിക്കുക - Dharshikkuka ;