A soft white metallic element, sonorous, ductile, very malleable, and capable of a high degree of polish. It is found native, and also combined with sulphur, arsenic, antimony, chlorine, etc., in the minerals argentite, proustite, pyrargyrite, ceragyrite, etc. Silver is one of the "noble" metals, so-called, not being easily oxidized, and is used for coin, jewelry, plate, and a great variety of articles. Symbol Ag (Argentum). Atomic weight 107.7. Specific gravity 10.5.
- A lustrous white, ductile, malleable metallic element, occurring both uncombined and in ores such as argentite, having the highest thermal and electrical conductivity of the metals. It is highly valued for jewelry, tableware, and other ornamental use and is widely used in coinage, photography, dental and soldering alloys, electrical contacts, and printed circuits. Atomic number 47; atomic weight 107.87; melting point 960.8°C; boiling point 2,212°C; specific gravity 10.50; valence 1, 2. See Table at element.
- This metallic element as a commodity or medium of exchange.
- Coins made of this metallic element.
- A medal made of silver awarded to one placing second in a competition, as in the Olympics.
- Domestic articles, such as tableware, made of or plated with silver.
- Tableware, especially eating and serving utensils, made of steel or another metal.
- A lustrous medium gray.
- A silver salt, especially silver nitrate, used to sensitize paper.
- Made of or containing silver: a silver bowl; silver ore.
- Resembling silver, especially in having a lustrous shine; silvery.
- Of a lustrous medium gray: silver hair.
- Having a soft, clear, resonant sound.
- Eloquent; persuasive: a silver voice.
- Favoring the adoption of silver as a standard of currency: the silver plank of the 1896 Democratic platform.
- Of or constituting a 25th anniversary.
- To cover, plate, or adorn with silver or a similar lustrous substance.
- To give a silver color to.
- To coat (photographic paper) with a film of silver nitrate or other silver salt.
- To become silvery.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
അര്ജ്ജുനം - Arjjunam ;വെള്ള കലര്ന്ന - Vella Kalarnna ;സിതപ്രഭം - Sithaprabham ;വസുശ്രേഷ്ഠം - Vasushreshdam ;വെള്ളിനാണയം - Vellinaanayam | Vellinanayam ;തെളിഞ്ഞ ഇന്പമുളള ശബ്ദംവെളളികൊണ്ട് പൊതിയുക - Thelinja Inpamulala Shabdhamvelalikondu Pothiyuka ;