Being in the state, or the position, of one who, or that which, sits.
- The act or position of one that sits.
- A period during which one is seated and occupied with a single activity, such as posing for a portrait or reading a book.
- A session, as of a legislature or court.
- An act, condition, or period of brooding on eggs by a bird; incubation.
- The number of eggs under a brooding bird; a clutch.
- Incubating a nest of eggs: a sitting hen.
- Occupying an official position; incumbent.
- Of or for sitting: a sitting posture; a sitting area in a bus station.
- Done or executed while sitting.