- The physical dimensions, proportions, magnitude, or extent of an object.
- Any of a series of graduated categories of dimension whereby manufactured articles, such as shoes and clothing, are classified.
- Considerable extent, amount, or dimensions: a debt of enormous size.
- Relative amount or number, as of population or contents: What size is Cleveland?
- Character, value, or status with reference to relative importance or the capacity to meet given requirements: Try this proposal on for size.
- The actual state of affairs: That's about the size of the situation.
- To arrange, classify, or distribute according to size.
- To make, cut, or shape to a required size.
- Sized. Often used in combination: bite-size appetizers; an economy-size package.
- size up To make an estimate, opinion, or judgment of: She sized up her opponent.
- Any of several gelatinous or glutinous substances usually made from glue, wax, or clay and used as a glaze or filler for porous materials such as paper, cloth, or wall surfaces.
- To treat or coat with size or a similar substance.