An undecided, inquiring state of mind; doubt; uncertainty.
- A doubting or questioning attitude or state of mind; dubiety. See Synonyms at uncertainty.
- Philosophy The ancient school of Pyrrho of Elis that stressed the uncertainty of our beliefs in order to oppose dogmatism.
- Philosophy The doctrine that absolute knowledge is impossible, either in a particular domain or in general.
- Philosophy A methodology based on an assumption of doubt with the aim of acquiring approximate or relative certainty.
- Doubt or disbelief of religious tenets.