Awry; obliquely; askew.
- To take an oblique course or direction.
- To look obliquely or sideways.
- To turn or place at an angle.
- To give a bias to; distort.
- Placed or turned to one side; asymmetrical.
- Distorted or biased in meaning or effect.
- Having a part that diverges, as in gearing.
- Mathematics Neither parallel nor intersecting. Used of straight lines in space.
- Statistics Not symmetrical about the mean. Used of distributions.
- An oblique or slanting movement, position, or direction.