A shoe or clog, as of iron, attached to a chain, and placed under the wheel of a wagon to prevent its turning when descending a steep hill; a drag; a skidpan; also, by extension, a hook attached to a chain, and used for the same purpose.
- The act of sliding or slipping over a surface, often sideways.
- A plank, log, or timber, usually one of a pair, used as a support or as a track for sliding or rolling heavy objects.
- A pallet for loading or handling goods, especially one having solid sideboards and no bottom.
- One of several logs or timbers forming a skid road.
- Nautical A wooden framework attached to the side of a ship to prevent damage, as when unloading.
- A shoe or drag applying pressure to a wheel to brake a vehicle.
- A runner in the landing gear of certain aircraft.
- Slang A path to ruin or failure: His career hit the skids. Her life is now on the skids.
- To slide sideways while moving because of loss of traction: The truck skidded on a patch of ice. See Synonyms at slide.
- To slide without revolving: wheels skidding on oily pavement.
- To move sideways in a turn because of insufficient banking. Used of an airplane.
- To brake (a wheel) with a skid.
- To haul on a skid or skids.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ചരിവിലൂടെ ഉരുളാതെ തെന്നിച്ചരിക്കുക - Chariviloode Urulaathe Thennicharikkuka | Chariviloode Urulathe Thennicharikkuka ;കപ്പലിന്റെ തീമറ - Kappalinre Theemara ;താങ്ങുകൊടുക്കുക - Thaangukodukkuka | Thangukodukkuka ;തെന്നിപ്പോവുക - Thennippovuka ;ഉപഘ്നം - Upaghnam ;കാലാങ്ങി - Kaalaangi | Kalangi ;