To move along the surface of any body by slipping, or without walking or rolling; to slip; to glide; as, snow slides down the mountain's side.
- To move over a surface while maintaining smooth continuous contact.
- To coast on a slippery surface, such as ice or snow.
- To pass smoothly and quietly; glide: slid past the door without anyone noticing.
- To go unattended or unacted upon: Let the matter slide.
- To lose a secure footing or positioning; shift out of place; slip: slid on the ice and fell.
- To move downward: Prices began to slide.
- To return to a less favorable or less worthy condition.
- Baseball To drop down and skid into a base to avoid being put out.
- To cause to slide or slip: slid the glass down to the other end of the counter.
- To place covertly or deftly: slid the stolen merchandise into his pocket.
- A sliding movement or action.
- A smooth surface or track for sliding, usually inclined: a water slide.
- A playground apparatus for children to slide on, typically consisting of a smooth chute mounted by means of a ladder.
- A part that operates by sliding, as the U-shaped section of tube on a trombone that is moved to change the pitch.
- An image on a transparent base for projection on a screen.
- A small glass plate for mounting specimens to be examined under a microscope.
- A fall of a mass of rock, earth, or snow down a slope; an avalanche or landslide.
- Music A slight portamento used in violin playing, passing quickly from one note to another.
- Music An ornamentation consisting of two grace notes approaching the main note.
- Music A small metal or glass tube worn over a finger or held in the hand, used in playing bottleneck-style guitar.
- Music The bottleneck style of guitar playing.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
അഴുക്കുചാല് - Azhukkuchaal | Azhukkuchal ;ഫിലിമിലുളള ചിത്രം - Philimilulala Chithram ;ഗവാക്ഷം - Gavaaksham | Gavaksham ;ഹിമത്തിൻമേൽ വഴുതിയോടുകക - Himaththinmel Vazhuthiyodukaka | Himathinmel Vazhuthiyodukaka ;മലയിൽ വീഴുന്ന ഹിമം - Malayil Veezhunna Himam ;അറിയാതെ കടന്നുപോകുക - Ariyaathe Kadannupokuka | Ariyathe Kadannupokuka ;