An instrument for throwing stones or other missiles, consisting of a short strap with two strings fastened to its ends, or with a string fastened to one end and a light stick to the other. The missile being lodged in a hole in the strap, the ends of the string are taken in the hand, and the whole whirled rapidly round until, by loosing one end, the missile is let fly with centrifugal force.
- A weapon consisting of a looped strap in which a stone is whirled and then let fly.
- A slingshot.
- A looped rope, strap, or chain for supporting, cradling, or hoisting something, especially:
- A strap of a shoe that fits over the heel.
- A strap used to carry a rifle over the shoulder.
- Nautical A rope or chain that attaches to the mast and supports a yard.
- A band suspended from the neck to support an injured arm or hand.
- The act of hurling a missile.
- To hurl with or as if with a sling.
- To place or carry in a sling.
- To move by means of a sling; raise or lower in a sling: sling cargo into a hold.
- To hang loosely or freely; let swing.
- slings and arrows Harshly critical comments.
- A drink consisting of brandy, whiskey, or gin, sweetened and usually lemon-flavored.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കവണയേര് - Kavanayer ;ഇളക്കമായി തൂക്കിയിടുകമധുരമുളള ചാരായം - Ilakkamaayi Thookkiyidukamadhuramulala Chaaraayam | Ilakkamayi Thookkiyidukamadhuramulala Charayam ;ചുഴറ്റുക - Chuzhattuka ;ശക്തിയോടെ എറിയുക - Shakthiyode Eriyuka ;തൂക്കക്കയര് - Thookkakkayar ;ഭാരം വഹിക്കാനുളള തൂക്കുകയറ് - Bhaaram Vahikkaanulala Thookkukayaru | Bharam Vahikkanulala Thookkukayaru ;