An artifical passage for water, fitted with a valve or gate, as in a mill stream, for stopping or regulating the flow; also, a water gate or flood gate.
- An artificial channel for conducting water, with a valve or gate to regulate the flow: sluices connecting a reservoir with irrigated fields.
- A valve or gate used in such a channel; a floodgate: open sluices to flood a dry dock. Also called sluice gate.
- A body of water impounded behind a floodgate.
- A sluiceway.
- A long inclined trough, as for carrying logs or separating gold ore.
- To flood or drench with or as if with a flow of released water.
- To wash with water flowing in a sluice: sluicing sediment for gold.
- To draw off or let out by a sluice: sluice floodwater.
- To send (logs, for example) down a sluice.
- To flow out from or as if from a sluice.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ചീപ്പു ചാൽ - Cheeppu Chaal | Cheeppu Chal ;മന്ദബുദ്ധിയായ - Mandhabuddhiyaaya | Mandhabudhiyaya ;ഓവ് - Ovu ;ചീപ്പു തുറക്കുക - Cheeppu Thurakkuka ;മടിയനായ - Madiyanaaya | Madiyanaya ;ചീപ്പ് - Cheeppu ;