A contrivance, often consisting of a noose of cord, or the like, by which a bird or other animal may be entangled and caught; a trap; a gin.
- A trapping device, often consisting of a noose, used for capturing birds and small mammals.
- Something that serves to entangle the unwary.
- A surgical instrument with a wire loop controlled by a mechanism in the handle, used to remove growths, such as tumors and polyps.
- To trap with or as if with a snare. See Synonyms at catch.
- Any of the wires or cords stretched across the lower drumhead of a snare drum so as to vibrate against it.
- A snare drum.