To form raised work upon the outer surface of (thin metal ware) by the repercussion of a snarling iron upon the inner surface.
- To growl viciously while baring the teeth.
- To speak angrily or threateningly.
- To utter with anger or hostility: snarled a retort.
- A vicious growl.
- A vicious, hostile utterance.
- A tangled mass, as of hair or yarn.
- A confused, complicated, or tangled situation; a predicament.
- To become tangled or confused.
- To tangle or knot (hair, for example).
- To confuse; complicate.