To take or seize hastily, abruptly, or without permission or ceremony; as, to snatch a loaf or a kiss.
- To grasp or seize hastily, eagerly, or suddenly.
- Sports To raise (a weight) in one quick, uninterrupted motion from the floor to a position over the lifter's head.
- To grasp or seize illicitly.
- To make grasping or seizing motions: snatched at the lamp cord.
- The act of snatching; a quick grasp or grab.
- A brief period of time: "At the end we preferred to travel all night,/Sleeping in snatches” ( T.S. Eliot).
- A small amount; a bit or fragment: a snatch of dialogue.
- Slang A kidnapping.
- Sports A lift in weightlifting in which the weight is raised in one uninterrupted motion from the floor to a position over the lifter's head.
- Vulgar Slang The vulva.