To cut off the nip or neb of, or to cut off at once with shears or scissors; to clip off suddenly; to nip; hence, to break off; to snatch away.
- To cut, clip, or separate (something) with short, quick strokes.
- To cut or clip with short, quick strokes.
- An instance of snipping or the sound produced by snipping.
- A small cut made with scissors or shears.
- A small piece cut or clipped off.
- A bit or scrap: snips of information about the merger.
- Informal One that is small or slight in size or stature.
- Informal A person regarded as impertinent or mischievous.
- Hand shears used in cutting sheet metal.
- Slang Something easily accomplished.