Close and warm; as, an infant lies snug.
- Comfortably sheltered; cozy.
- Small but well arranged: a snug apartment. See Synonyms at comfortable.
- Closely secured and well built; compact: a snug little sailboat.
- Close-fitting: a snug jacket.
- Nautical Seaworthy.
- Offering freedom from financial worry: a snug living.
- Safe; secure: a snug hideout.
- To make snug or secure.
- To nestle; snuggle.
- snug down Nautical To prepare (a vessel) to weather a storm, as by taking in sail or securing movable gear.
- Chiefly British A very small private room in a pub.