A substance which dissolves in water, thus forming a lather, and is used as a cleansing agent. Soap is produced by combining fats or oils with alkalies or alkaline earths, usually by boiling, and consists of salts of sodium, potassium, etc., with the fatty acids (oleic, stearic, palmitic, etc.). See the Note below, and cf. Saponification. By extension, any compound of similar composition or properties, whether used as a cleaning agent or not.
- A cleansing agent, manufactured in bars, granules, flakes, or liquid form, made from a mixture of the sodium salts of various fatty acids of natural oils and fats.
- A metallic salt of a fatty acid, as of aluminum or iron.
- Slang Money, especially that which is used for bribery.
- A soap opera.
- To treat or cover with or as if with soap.
- Informal To softsoap; cajole.
- Slang To bribe.
- no soap Slang Not possible or permissible.
- no soap Slang Unsuccessful; futile.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
സോപ്പിടുക - Soppiduka ;സോപ്പ് - Soppu ;മുഖസ്തുതി - Mukhasthuthi ;സോപ്പ് - Soppu ;മാര്ജ്ജനദ്രവ്യം - Maarjjanadhravyam | Marjjanadhravyam ;മുഖസ്തുതി - Mukhasthuthi ;