The point of the compass equally from the south and the west; the southwest part or region.
- The direction or point on the mariner's compass halfway between due south and due west, or 135° west of due north.
- An area or region lying in the southwest.
- A region of the southwest United States generally including New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, California, and Nevada and sometimes Utah and Colorado.
- To, toward, of, facing, or in the southwest.
- Originating in or coming from the southwest: a southwest wind.
- In, from, or toward the southwest.