To sew. See Sew.
- To scatter (seed) over the ground for growing.
- To spread (land, for example) with seed.
- To strew something around or over (an area); distribute something over.
- To propagate; disseminate: sow rumors.
- To scatter seed for growing.
- oats To indulge in dissolute or licentious behavior, especially to be sexually promiscuous, when young. Usually used of men.
- An adult female hog.
- The adult female of several other animals, such as the bear.
- A channel that conducts molten iron to the molds in a pig bed.
- The mass of metal solidified in such a channel or mold.