The space from the thumb to the end of the little finger when extended; nine inches; eighth of a fathom.
- The extent or measure of space between two points or extremities, as of a bridge or roof; the breadth.
- The distance between the tips of the wings of an airplane.
- The section between two intermediate supports of a bridge.
- Something, such as a railroad trestle or bridge, that extends from one point to another.
- The distance from the tip of the thumb to the tip of the little finger when the hand is fully extended, formerly used as a unit of measure equal to about nine inches (23 centimeters).
- A period of time: a span of life.
- To measure by or as if by the fully extended hand.
- To encircle with the hand or hands in or as if in measuring.
- To extend across in space or time: a bridge that spans the gorge; a career that spanned 40 years.
- To bind or fetter.
- Nautical A stretch of rope made fast at either end.
- A pair of animals, such as oxen, matched in size, strength, or color and driven as a team.
- Archaic A past tense of spin.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഒന്പതിഞ്ച് - Onpathinchu ;ഒരു ചാണ് - Oru Chaan | Oru Chan ;അല്പസമയം - Alpasamayam ;പരമാവധി അകലം - Paramaavadhi Akalam | Paramavadhi Akalam ;അകലം - Akalam ;ചാണ് - Chaan | Chan ;