A young oyster or other bivalve mollusk, both before and after it first becomes adherent, or such young, collectively.
- A past tense and a past participle of spit1.
- An oyster or similar bivalve mollusk in the larval stage, especially when it settles to the bottom and begins to develop a shell.
- The spawn of an oyster or a similar mollusk.
- To spawn. Used of oysters and similar mollusks.
- A cloth or leather gaiter covering the shoe upper and the ankle and fastening under the shoe with a strap. Often used in the plural.
- A brief quarrel.
- Informal A slap or smack.
- A spattering sound, as of raindrops.
- To engage in a brief quarrel.
- To strike with a light spattering sound; slap.
- Informal To slap.