Visible or sensible presentation; appearance; a sensible percept received by the imagination; an image.
- Biology A fundamental category of taxonomic classification, ranking below a genus or subgenus and consisting of related organisms capable of interbreeding. See Table at taxonomy.
- Biology An organism belonging to such a category, represented in binomial nomenclature by an uncapitalized Latin adjective or noun following a capitalized genus name, as in Ananas comosus, the pineapple, and Equus caballus, the horse.
- Logic A class of individuals or objects grouped by virtue of their common attributes and assigned a common name; a division subordinate to a genus.
- A kind, variety, or type: "No species of performing artist is as self-critical as a dancer” ( Susan Sontag).
- The human race; humankind.
- Roman Catholic Church The outward appearance or form of the Eucharistic elements that is retained after their consecration.
- Roman Catholic Church Either of the consecrated elements of the Eucharist.
- Obsolete An outward form or appearance.
- Obsolete Specie.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
a species of pipal tree പിപ്പരി - a Species Of Pipal Tree Pippari ;a species of chrysanthus plant 1. തെച്ചി 2. തെറ്റി - a Species Of Chrysanthus Plant 1. Thechi 2. Thetti ;വംശം - Vamsham ;ഛായാരൂപം - Chaayaaroopam | Chayaroopam ;പ്രകാരം - Prakaaram | Prakaram ;ഭേദം - Bhedham ;