To weigh or lay out; to dispose of; to part with; as, to spend money for clothing.
- To use up or put out; expend: spent an hour exercising.
- To pay out (money).
- To wear out; exhaust: The storm finally spent itself.
- To pass (time) in a specified manner or place: spent their vacation in Paris.
- To throw away; squander: spent all their resources on futile projects.
- To give up (one's time or efforts, for example) to a cause; sacrifice.
- To pay out or expend money.
- To be exhausted or consumed.