A sort of very large nail; also, a piece of pointed iron set with points upward or outward.
- A long, thick, sharp-pointed piece of wood or metal.
- A heavy nail.
- A spikelike part or projection, as:
- A sharp-pointed projection along the top of a fence or wall.
- A thin, sharp-pointed vertical rod for impaling papers; a spindle.
- A thorn or spine.
- A tuft of hair waxed or twisted so as to project in a stiff point.
- Slang A hypodermic needle.
- One of several sharp metal projections set in the sole or in the sole and heel of an athletic shoe for grip.
- A pair of athletic shoes having such projections.
- A pair of spike heels.
- An unbranched antler of a young deer.
- A young mackerel of small size, usually 15 centimeters (6 inches) or less in length.
- A sharp rise followed by a sharp decline in a graph or in the tracing of a scientific instrument.
- A sharp momentary increase in voltage or electric current.
- A sudden steep increase in prices.
- Sports The act of driving a volleyball at a sharp angle into the opponent's court by jumping near the net and hitting the ball down hard from above.
- Football The act of slamming the ball to the ground after succeeding in an important play, as after scoring a touchdown.
- To secure or provide with a spike.
- To shape into spikes.
- To impale, pierce, or injure with a spike.
- To injure with spiked shoes, especially when sliding in baseball.
- To put an end to; terminate: spike a rumor.
- Informal To add alcoholic liquor to: spiked the punch with rum.
- Informal To add a poison or other chemical to: a drink spiked with barbituates.
- Informal To add flavor or spice to: "several herb vinegars, including one . . . spiked with colorful chive blossoms” ( New England Living).
- Informal To add excitement or vitality to: spiked the speech with many jokes.
- Sports To hit (a volleyball) in a spike.
- Football To throw (the ball) down in a spike.
- To render (a muzzleloading gun) useless by driving a spike into the vent.
- To manifest (a sharp increase in body temperature): spike a high fever.
- An ear of grain, as of wheat.
- Botany A usually elongated, unbranched inflorescence with stalkless flowers arranged along an axis.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
മഹാകീലം - Mahaakeelam | Mahakeelam ;കുറ്റി തറയ്ക്കുക - Kutti Tharaykkuka ;അറ്റം - Attam ;ഇരുന്പുകുറ്റി - Irunpukutti ;നശിപ്പിക്കുക - Nashippikkuka ;കുന്തമുന - Kunthamuna ;