To draw out, and twist into threads, either by the hand or machinery; as, to spin wool, cotton, or flax; to spin goat's hair; to produce by drawing out and twisting a fibrous material.
- To draw out and twist (fibers) into thread.
- To form (thread or yarn) in this manner.
- To form (a web or cocoon, for example) by extruding viscous filaments.
- To make or produce by or as if by drawing out and twisting.
- To relate or create: spun tales for the children.
- To prolong or extend: spin out a visit with an old friend.
- To cause to rotate swiftly; twirl.
- To shape or manufacture by a twirling or rotating process.
- To provide an interpretation of (a statement or event, for example), especially in a way meant to sway public opinion: "a messenger who spins bogus research into a vile theology of hatred” ( William A. Henry III).
- Slang To play (a phonograph record or records), especially as a disc jockey.
- To make thread or yarn by drawing out and twisting fibers.
- To extrude viscous filaments, forming a web or cocoon.
- To rotate rapidly; whirl. See Synonyms at turn.
- To seem to be whirling, as from dizziness; reel: My head spun after doing a cartwheel.
- To ride or drive rapidly.
- To fish with a light rod, lure, and line and a reel with a stationary spool.
- The act of spinning.
- A swift whirling motion.
- A state of mental confusion.
- Informal A short drive in a vehicle: took a spin in the new car.
- The flight condition of an aircraft in a nose-down, spiraling, stalled descent.
- A distinctive point of view, emphasis, or interpretation: "Dryden . . . was adept at putting spin on an apparently neutral recital of facts” ( Robert M. Adams).
- A distinctive character or style: an innovative chef who puts a new spin on traditional fare.
- Physics The intrinsic angular momentum of a subatomic particle. Also called spin angular momentum.
- Physics The total angular momentum of an atomic nucleus.
- Physics A quantum number expressing spin angular momentum.
- spin off To derive (a company or product, for example) from something larger.
- spin out To rotate out of control, as a skidding car leaving a roadway.
- spin (one's) wheels Informal To expend effort with no result.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കെട്ടുക - Kettuka ;കാലക്രമേണ ചെയ്യുക - Kaalakramena Cheyyuka | Kalakramena Cheyyuka ;ദീര്ഘിപ്പിക്കുക - Dheerghippikkuka ;വലയുണ്ടാക്കുക - Valayundaakkuka | Valayundakkuka ;നൂൽനൂൽക്കുക - Noolnoolkkuka ;തള്ളിക്കളയുക - Thallikkalayuka ;